To build support for living shorelines around the country, NOAA partners with states, foundations, universities, and other interested groups. These partnerships strengthen policies and regulatory processes, provide robust guidance and technical assistance, support applied research, and forge local collaborations in every coastal state.
Examples of partnerships include (click on a logo to visit a partner website):
- National Coastal Zone Management Program
- National Estuary Programs
- National Estuarine Research Reserve System
- National Estuarine Research Reserve System Science Collaborative
- National Sea Grant College Program: NOAA partners with universities and a network of 33 Sea Grant programs to implement national priorities at the local level, while also identifying citizens’ needs in order to inform state, regional and national research. This two-way flow of information and services ensure that Sea Grant solutions meet demonstrated needs, help support businesses, and enable policy-makers to make balanced, well-informed decisions.
- Oyster Restoration Workgroup